DIANE DANCY – Firm Administrator
and Legal Assistant Extraordinaire!
We want you to know us, because if our office represents you or someone your care about we are going to be rubbing shoulders for a time. Here's some information concerning Diane Dancy, and how we came to find her two and a half decades ago!
Diane was raised in the suburbs of Philadelphia, and moved to Haddonfield, NJ as a teenager. Growing up, she spent her summers down at the Jersey Shore outside of Seaside Heights. She attended Haddon Heights High School and was one of the top in her graduating class in clerical and secretarial skills.
In 1972 Diane started working for the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team in Philadelphia as a secretary in the Minor League Department. She dealt closely with the minor league team managers and players during the season preparing daily game reports obtained from the managers, keeping track of scouting reports, helping out during the baseball draft, and the daily secretarial duties for the department.
Diane met her future husband while working for the Phillies. Bill was a former baseball player that also worked for the Phillies as a Minor League Manager. They traveled extensively until she had her first child, Kristin. Diane and her family moved to Palm Springs after Kristin's birth in 1984. Diane's son Brett came along in 1987.
In 1991 Diane and Bill separated and she retained Thurman Arnold as her attorney. Diane had to work like so many full-time moms while raising two young children, then ages 6 and 3. Thurman took her on part time at first, and the rest is history.
Diane is the firm's Office Manager, Senior Legal Assistant, and the Administrator and mediation liaison for Desert Family Mediation Services. Her duties include:
- Office Management
- Assistant to Thurman Arnold – making sure documents are completed and filed timely, keeping track of his appointments
- Office calendar for appointments and court appearances; calendar all discovery
- Preparation of Petitions, Responses, document preparation for all motions,
- Meeting with clients - preparation of the Preliminary and Final Declarations of Disclosure which includes Schedule of Assets and Debts and Income and Expense Declarations, preparation of Property Declarations, and Settlement Conference Statements; updating Income and Expense Declarations
- Preparation of Stipulations, Subpoenas
- Meeting with clients - prepare answers to form interrogatories
- Filing of all court documents
- Administrator and Mediation liaison – discuss the mediation process with people that are interested in mediation, assist the Mediator from start to finish to schedule mediation orientation and sessions, meet with the parties and prepare their paperwork from the beginning of mediation to the end.
- Diane knows firsthand what it's like going through a divorce and raising children alone. For anyone going through a divorce, it is a very difficult and stressful time. She has survived divorce, has a wonderful job that she loves and two children that have grown into wonderful adults. She has compassion for our clients and helps them in getting through such a difficult time. She is always available for our clients and responds quickly whether it be on the phone or through email. She listens to their concerns and helps them through the process so that the clients feel less stressed.
Email Diane: DianeDancy@verizon.net