KRISTIN JENSEN: Divorce and Family Law Paralegal
Kristin Jensen has been with the firm for 9 years. In reality she has been
a part of the Firm since she was 6 years old, when her mother, Diane Dancy,
started working for Thurman in 1992. Diane retired effective at the end
of July, 2018. Kristin now supports most of Thurman's clients and cases.
Before starting her career in the legal field, Kristin worked in retail
from 2003 to 2008. In June, 2009 when she joined the firm's legal
family. She started out as the firm's secretary/filing clerk until
she obtained her Paralegal certificate in a paralegal program from California
State University of Monterey Bay in October 2010. She is a valuable asset
to the firm, and for our clients.
Kristin is now the firm's Office Manager, Senior Legal Assistant, and
the Administrator and mediation liaison for Desert Family Mediation Services.
Kristin's duties include:
- Office Management
- Assistant to Thurman Arnold – making sure documents are completed
and filed timely, keeping track of his appointments
- Office calendar for appointments and court appearances; calendar all discovery
- Preparation of Petitions, Responses, document preparation for all motions,
- Meeting with clients - preparation of the Preliminary and Final Declarations
of Disclosure which includes Schedule of Assets and Debts and Income and
Expense Declarations, preparation of Property Declarations, and Settlement
Conference Statements; updating Income and Expense Declarations
- Preparation of Stipulations, Subpoenas
- Meeting with clients - prepare answers to form interrogatories
- Filing of all court documents
- Administrator and Mediation liaison – discuss the mediation process
with people that are interested in mediation, assist the Mediator from
start to finish to schedule mediation orientation and sessions, meet with
the parties and prepare their paperwork from the beginning of mediation
to the end.